The people of Kairos are called by God to share the love of Jesus Christ with those impacted by incarceration. Kairos encourages believers from a variety of Christian traditions to be volunteers in this Christ-filled ministry.
Kairos programs offer to prison residents, their families, and those who work for them, the opportunity to receive God’s forgiveness through faith in Jesus Christ, and to grow in their faith and servanthood in Christian community.
We stand on the common ground of the following elements of faith:
We in Kairos believe:
- The Bible is God’s authoritative and inspired word for our faith and our lives.
- In the Trinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In the deity, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Friendship with God is a free gift, for God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son so that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- The love of Jesus Christ motivates His followers to provide food for the hungry, drink to the thirsty, welcome to the stranger, clothes for the naked, and visits to the sick and those in prison.
- In sharing the love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ with all incarcerated individuals, their families, and to those who work with them inside and outside the correctional institution.